The Friends of the Public Gardens (TFPG) is an incorporated society dedicated to the preservation, enhancement, and protection of the Halifax Public Gardens for the continued enjoyment of everyone.
We count among our members, local and international individuals and businesses who value this unique national treasure.
Besides advocating on behalf of the Public Gardens against potential threats to its integrity, in the past 5 years TFPG have:
- Donated $100,000 and raised $100,000 to the Victoria Jubilee Fund in support of restoration projects in the Public Gardens
- Published a book
- Sponsord the Jarvis Lecture Series
- Promoted the Gardens nationally (through links with “Communities in Bloom” among others)
- Maintained the premier website for the Public Gardens
- Conducted free weekly guided tours
- Posted photo tours
- Published newsletters